William Saylors


Date of Booking:

Reason(s) For Booking:




Officer’s Narrative:
[Please note: The following is a direct transcription from the officer’s narrative report. We do not fix any spelling or grammatical errors. Any changes made by our staff are placed inside brackets. Some errors may exist.]

On 06/25/2022 I responded to [100 BLOCK] Otara Woods Dr. in reference to a report of Domestic Abuse.

While en-route to the residence I was advised that the caller [WITNESS #1] had stated that he had two residents living in his basement, that were about to move out and that the female had stated to him that she didn’t want to go with the male. Mr. [WITNESS #1] advised dispatch that the female had a really bad bruised and swollen eye and that she was wearing glasses to cover it.

Upon arriving on scene I met with the male tenant who was standing in the driveway. I asked the male who was later identified as William Saylors what was going on, and he advised that he was just packing his truck up and getting ready to leave. Mr. Saylors advised he had no idea why the police had been called, because nobody had been arguing.

I asked Mr. Saylors if anyone else was in the house with him and he advised his old lady and his son were downstairs. I walked downstairs with Mr. Saylors where we encountered his son a 3 year old male [REDACTED BY AGENCY] standing outside the basement door. I asked Mr. Saylor for his ID and the female in the house ID. Mr. Saylor handed me his ID and then asked the female where hers was and she advised it was in the truck.

Mr. Saylor walked out to go get the ID from the truck. I proceeded to the kitchen and made contact with the female who was later identified as [REDACTED BY AGENCY]. [REDACTED BY AGENCY] was wearing sunglasses inside the residence. I asked [REDACTED BY AGENCY] if she was ok and she advised that she was. I then asked [REDACTED BY AGENCY] to raise her glasses up and she did and I observed her left eye was extremely swollen and bruised.

I asked [REDACTED BY AGENCY] when did that happen to you and she advised this morning because she had woken Mr. Saylors up late. I then walked back outside where Mr. Saylors had located the bag with [REDACTED BY AGENCY] ID in it. Once I had both ID’S. Mr. Saylor and I walked back up the driveway at which point I asked him what happened to [REDACTED BY AGENCY] eye.

Mr. Saylor stated that his son did that to her eye. I had Mr. Saylor sit down on some pieces of wood along the driveway, as he kept trying to run off back in the house to get [REDACTED BY AGENCY]. I asked Mr. Saylor again what happened to her eye and he repeated that his son [REDACTED BY AGENCY] did that to her eye, and that [REDACTED BY AGENCY] would back him up on that story.

I advised Mr. Saylor to stand up and put his hands behind his back, at which point Mr. Saylor grabbed his 3 year old son and held him as he ran away from myself and D.S. Walker.

As. Mr. Saylor was running away I kept advising him to stop running and put the child down. Mr. Saylor refused to comply with commands. Mr. Saylor then ran back in to the residence and in to the kitchen where he was forced down in to the kitchen chair and would still not release his child.

I grabbed Mr. Saylor’s Arms and D.S. Walker gave a drive stun to Mr. Saylors back using his department issued Taser, at which point Mr. Saylor let go of the child and he was taken to the ground and secured in handcuffs.

Mr. Saylor was searched incident to arrest and then secured in the backseat of D.S. Walker’s patrol car. D.S. Walker transported Mr. Saylor to the Coweta County Jail where he was turned over to the booking staff.

I then went back and Spoke with [REDACTED BY AGENCY] again and asked her to give me the full story of the days events. [REDACTED BY AGENCY] stated that she woke up Mr. Saylor around 12 pm and that he became very upset with her because he stated that he needed to get to the bank before 12 to cash a check. [REDACTED BY AGENCY] stated that he then picked up a buzz light year which is his son’s favorite and broke it.

[REDACTED BY AGENCY] advised that Mr. Saylor then slapped her in the face, shoved her on the couch and pulled her hair out. [REDACTED BY AGENCY] advised that she yelled at him “So much for you never hitting me again”. [REDACTED BY AGENCY] advised that Mr. Saylor then began choking her, and that he choked her to the point where she could not breathe and she began to gasp for air.

[REDACTED BY AGENCY] stated that once he let go she got up and walked over to the mirror that is next to the basement door, and that Mr. Saylor then struck her in the left eye once.

[REDACTED BY AGENCY] left eye was visible bruised and extremely swollen to the point where [REDACTED BY AGENCY] stated that she had not been able to even see out of her eye due to the amount of swelling. [REDACTED BY AGENCY] advised that the parts of her hair that had been pulled out where in the trash bag in the kitchen.

I proceeded to go in the kitchen and observed hair that matched that of [REDACTED BY AGENCY] in the trash can. [REDACTED BY AGENCY] was issued a case number and advised of TPO procedures.

[End of Narrative]