Aug 20, 2020 at 11:38 AM EDT
VALDOSTA – The following incident report was filed by the Lowndes County Sheriff’s Office regarding the arrest of Jeffrey Michael Spires, 37, on August 7 on charges of:
- Traffic in Methamphetamine
- Violation of Probation
- VGCSA (Violation of the Georgia Controlled Substances Act) – Poss W/ Intent to Distribute
- Poss. of Tools for Comm. of A Crime
- Use of Communications Facilities in Drug Transaction
Some names and addresses in the following transcription may have been redacted to protect the innocent. Errors may exist. We don’t fix spelling/grammatical errors made by the agency:
Begin Transcription of Narrative Report
On 08/06/2020, Inv. King did arrest JEFFERY SPIRES for Trafficking Methamphetamine, Possession of Tools for the Commission of a Crime, and Use of a Communication Device to Facilitate a Drug Transaction.
On the above mentioned date King did locate SPIRES at The New Valdosta Inn hotel and knew SPIRES to have a warrant. During SPIRES arrest, a search of SPIRES hotel room was conducted. Recovered from the Hotel room were a large quantity of methmphetaming, marijuana, digital scales, smoking devices and other drug related objects.
- Approx. 84 grams of methaphetamine
- Approx. 0.5 grams of marijuana
- Digital scales and other drug related objects.
Taylor King #1210
Special Operations Division
Lowndes County Sheriff’s Office
End Transcription of Narrative Report