January 23, 2021 at 11:29 AM EDT
VALDOSTA – American Deli, located inside the Valdosta Mall, received a score of 70 points out of a possible 100 points during their January 19 inspection by the Georgia Department of Public Health.
A follow up inspection is required, but has not yet been scheduled at the time of writing.
The violations noted by inspector Danielle Hurst were:
- Observed hand wash sink in the front area of kitchen without hand soap.
Corrected on site, soap was supplied over the kitchen.
- Observed hand wash sink in the front area of the kitchen with ice in it.
Corrected on site, the food service employees were educated about use of the hand wash sinks.
- Observed raw chicken stored over beef in the reach in refrigerator in the front kitchen.
Corrected on site, PIC moved chicken so that it was stored below beef and PIC was coached on appropriate storage.
- Observed raw chicken stored over ready to eat sauces/condiments in the walk in refrigerator in the back of kitchen.
Corrected on site, PIC moved chicken so that it was stored to prevent contamination and PIC was coached on appropriate storage.
- Observed lettuce and sliced cheese stored between raw chicken and raw fish in the walk in refrigerator in the back of the kitchen.
Corrected on site, the lettuce and sliced cheese were moved and stored to prevent contamination.
- Observed build up on nozzles at soda fountain at the front service counter in the kitchen.
Corrected on site, nozzles were washed, rinsed, and sanitized.
- Observed pink slime mold build up in the tea dispenser nozzle at the customer service station in front of kitchen.
Corrected on site, nozzle was washed, rinsed, and sanitized.
- Observed food debris stuck on the inner top surface of the microwave and along the inner sides of the microwave.
Please clean inside of the microwave and send verification images to inspector.
- Observed raw chicken stored at temperatures greater than 41 degrees F on rolling cart at entrance to main kitchen.
Corrected on site, PIC moved chicken to the walk in cooler since cooling time allowed. Was coached on proper cold holding of raw meat.
- Observed shredded lettuce and sliced tomatoes stored at temperatures greater than 41 degrees F in the prep top unit in the kitchen.
Corrected on site, PIC discarded the lettuce and tomatoes.
- Observed unapproved scoops stored in multiple foods in dry storage area of kitchen.
Corrected on site, PIC removed the scoops from food products.
- Observed scoop handle lying in the ice in the ice bin in the kitchen.
Corrected on site, handle was removed and food service employees were coached on proper storage of scoops.
- Observed scoop handle lying in raw chicken wings inside of the walk in cooler.
Corrected on site, scoop was removed from raw chicken.
Extra notes made by inspector:
- Clean evidence of rats and dead roaches under front counter.
- Clean grease vents at grill.
- Fix leak under 3 compartment sink.
- Hang servsafe certificate.
- Sweep and clean under all equipment.
- Keep all foods covered.
- No slacking of fries.
- A complaint was discussed discussed with the pic at the end of this inspection. No bare hand contact with foods were observed at the time of inspection and all staff were showed the image and coached on proper handling of food; when to wear gloves. All staff had hair restraints on during the inspection and wore a mask when interacting with patrons.