April 1, 2021 at 10:52 AM ET
DALTON – Georgia State Police were involved in a high speed chase on Monday, which took troopers and Sheriff’s deputies on a wild ride through Whitfield County, reaching speeds of over 100mph.
The chase ended when the motorcycle, being operated by Luis Sanchez, crashed near the intersection of Cleveland Highway and GA-2 in Cohutta, witnesses say. No injuries have been reported.
A brief video of the chase was posted to the Northwest Georgia Scanner Facebook page by follower Roger B:
Sanchez was booked into the Whitfield County Jail on the following charges:
- Possess Cocaine
- Possess To Distribute, Cocaine
- Trafficking In Cocaine, Sales Of
- Possess A Schedule 1, Hallucinogen
- Possession And Use Of Drug Related Objects
- Dui- Driving Under Influence Of Alcohol
- Motorcycle Must Have Eye Protection
- Fleeing/ Attempting To Elude Police Officer (Felony)
- Maximum Limits
- Failure To Obey Traffic Control Devices; Running Red Light
- Failure To Maintain Lane
- Reckless Driving
- Failure To Stop At Stop Sign
- Failure To Maintain Lane, Wrong Side Of Road
- Driving Without A Valid License, Misd
We will provide more information as soon as it becomes available.