Browse our site 100% ad-free:
Login or Subscribe

Anthony Tuberville

Tuberville, Anthony Richard

Date of Booking:

Reason(s) For Booking:


Officer’s Narrative:
[Please note: The following is a direct transcription from the official initial incident report. The Georgia Gazette does not fix any spelling or grammatical errors that may exist. Any changes or redactions made by our staff are placed inside brackets. Some errors may exist. All subjects are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. The topics discussed may be sensitive to some readers. Discretion is advised.]

On 08-27-2022 I was dispatched to 162 Sinclair Marina Road in reference to trespassing. Upon my arrival I made contact with the property owner, [WITNESS #1], who stated he needed Terry Beckworth Trespassed from the property due to his behavior while at Duke’s Lounge at the address. I hand delivered Beckworth a trespass notice and informed him if he was seen on the property again he would be arrested. Beckworth then went and sat down on his boat on the dock.

As I begin to leave the property, a fight began inside of Duke’s Lounge, which I relayed to 911 Dispatch. As I entered the bar the fight was being broken up by other occupants of the bar who identified the aggressor as Richard Turberville. I detained Turberville in the back of my patrol car and spoke with witnesses. [WITNESS #2] stated Turberville was upset because Beckworth was trespassed from the 162 Sinclair Marina Road. [WITNESS #2] stated [VICTIM #1] and [VICTIM #2] were at the bar talking when Turberville kicked his own chair back and walked up, put his arms around [VICTIM #1] and [VICTIM #2], and then attacked them both. [WITNESS #2] stated Turberville threw the first punch.

[VICTIM #1] stated he and [VICTIM #2] were sitting at the bar when Turberville hit him over the head with a chair and began throwing punches. [VICTIM #2] stated while at the bar Turberville walked up behind him and [VICTIM #1] and put his arms around their necks and [VICTIM #2] removed Turberville’s arm from his neck. [VICTIM #2] stated he got between Turberville and [VICTIM #1], and while doing so Turberville knocked [VICTIM #2] to the ground by punching him. [VICTIM #2] stated he then attempted again to get in between [VICTIM #1] and Turberville.

I asked [VICTIM #1] if he wanted to press charges, and he responded “No I ain’t gonna press charges man”. I then asked [VICTIM #2] about pressing charges and he initially stated, “yeah I do”, but changed his mind and stated he did not want to press charges. At the request of the property owner, [WITNESS #1], I hand delivered a written trespass notice to [VICTIM #1] and Turberville. Due to [VICTIM #1] and [VICTIM #2] not wanting to press charges, I released Turberville from custody. All parties involved left the area by boat.

On 08-27-2022, I was dispatched to 3069 North Columbia Street, Little River RV Park, in reference to a fight. 911 Dispatch advised me the victims names were [VICTIM #1] and [VICTIM #2], and were possibly the same parties involved in the fight at 162 Sinclair Marina Road. As I arrived on scene, [WITNESS #3], who was crying and holding a towel to the bleeding head of [VICTIM #2], stated he was “laying in wait for us”, referring to Turberville.

I observed both [VICTIM #1] and [VICTIM #2] laying on the ground unresponsive. I observed that [VICTIM #2] had a major head injury and significant blood loss, but was breathing. I observed [VICTIM #1] with a swollen face, bleeding, and going in and out of consciousness, but also breathing. I notified 911 Dispatch of their injuries and to get Emergency Medical Services(EMS) en route to my location quickly. Sgt Roberts arrived on scene.

[WITNESS #3] attempted to show me where Tuberville was staying, but was unable to do so. [WITNESS #3] showed me the object that Turberville hit [VICTIM #1] and [VICTIM #2] with. The unknown object was shattered on the ground into pieces and had blood on it. The golf cart next to [VICTIM #2] had blood on it as well.

Deputy Clements arrived on scene. Fire and EMS arrived on scene. Sgt Roberts, Deputy Clements, and myself began assisting EMS with emergency care. EMS requested for an Air Evac, but Air Evac command advised they would be unable to do so due to the weather.

[End of Narrative]