Written by: E. George
Published September 25, 2023 @ 9:40 PM ET
GWINNETT COUNTY, Ga. – In a significant crackdown on illegal gambling, the Gwinnett County Police Department carried out a meticulously planned operation that resulted in the arrest of 18 individuals. The process, conducted on September 11, saw officers from various specialized units collaborate to execute a search warrant at the Royal Flush Bar and Grill, located at 2275 Pleasant Hill Road in unincorporated Duluth, Georgia. The individuals apprehended included both employees and customers who were allegedly involved in commercial gambling activities.
The successful operation involved the combined efforts of officers from the Gwinnett County Police Vice Unit, Tech Unit, Narcotics Unit, Gang Unit, and S.W.A.T. Team. Their collaboration was instrumental in executing the warrant safely and efficiently.
Five Royal Flush Bar and Grill employees were taken into custody for their alleged involvement in commercial gambling.
- Jennia Washington Hicks (age 42, Atlanta)
- Almena Denise Mccall (age 47, Forest Park)
- Joseph Flauta (age 58, Lawrenceville)
- Victoria Sue Um (age 38, Buford)
- Lamech Thomas (age 21, Jonesboro)
Additionally, 13 customers present at the establishment were also arrested on charges related to gambling.
- James Walter Leverette (age 45, Atlanta)
- Barrington Ricardo Anderson (age 41, Columbia, SC)
- Robert Alexander Hill (age 44, Lagrange)
- John Psomiadis (age 66, Atlanta)
- Duc Thanh Le (age 25, Norcross)
- Ayotunde Olufemi Dennis (age 38, Atlanta)
- Ramsey Poyner Jones (age 54, Chamblee)
- Vincent Mitchell Viani (age 39, Yantic, CT)
- Yongrui Liu (age 36, West Covina, CA)
- Hyungi Lee (age 34, Duluth)
- Anthony Eli Brown (age 55, Dacula)
- Ho Son (age 49, Acworth)
- Gao Jie Guangie (age 52, Duluth)
During the search, law enforcement officials discovered and confiscated over $50,000 in cash from the business premises. A significant amount of gambling-related paraphernalia and other evidentiary items were seized as well.
The Gwinnett County Police have also issued arrest warrants for the three owners of the Royal Flush Bar and Grill, Michael Kim (age 56, Duluth), Ingram Boykins (age 52, Lawrenceville), and Robert Utes (age 56, Jefferson). At the time of the search warrant execution, the owners were not present and remain at large. Detectives are actively pursuing leads to locate and apprehend them.
The success of this operation was not achieved by the Gwinnett County Police Department alone. They extend their gratitude to the Gwinnett County Sheriff’s Office for their assistance in transporting the arrested suspects.
The investigation is ongoing, and anyone with information related to this case is urged to contact GCPD detectives at 770-513-5300. For those who wish to remain anonymous, Crime Stoppers can be reached at 404-577-TIPS (8477) or by visiting www.stopcrimeATL.com. Crime Stoppers tipsters may be eligible to receive a cash reward for providing information that leads to an arrest and indictment in this case.