Dark
Light
February 20, 2026

The Georgia Gazette

EXTRA! EXTRA!

Bookings, narratives & crime news delivered to your inbox — for the counties you choose.

Subscribe

psst: it's free!

October 15, 2025

Second suspect arrested for rape of 16-year-old at west Cobb home

Written by: A. Smith

Published October 15, 2025 @ 10:27 AM ET

COBB COUNTY, Ga. – Two suspects have been taken into custody in connection with the reported rape of a 16-year-old girl earlier this month, according to the Cobb County Police Department.

Investigators said the assault happened between 1 and 5 a.m. on Oct. 4 at a home in west Cobb.

An arrest warrant accuses Charles Andrew Lock, of Kennesaw, of raping the victim during that time. Jail records list his birth year as 2008.

According to the warrant, the teen victim was intoxicated and drifting in and out of consciousness when the assault occurred. She sustained multiple injuries, including bruises to her leg and head, and abrasions to her knees and foot.

Police said they are not releasing details about the second suspect because both are juveniles.

Lock was arrested Friday and charged with one count each of felony rape and felony aggravated sodomy. He remains held without bond at the Cobb County Adult Detention Center, according to jail records.

The Cobb County School District said in a statement that it was not involved in the arrests, which occurred off school property and were unrelated to any school activity.

Police said the investigation remains active.